4 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2009 12:14 PM by nimo22

ant-file of seam-gen EAR

nimo22

I use seam 2.1.1

I have a EAR-Project generated by seam-gen.

I want to put class-Files into my WAR, which are view-relevant. Seam-Ant copies all compiled classes into the JAR-File of the EAR.

Where should I store the java-files which I want to deploy into the WAR/classes-directory?

Into the view-Directory?

• 1. Re: ant-file of seam-gen EAR
          nimo22

Why does seam generate a jar-file and put all the code into the jar-file.

In a EAR-Project, I need to put the code relvant to a WAR into my WAR and not into the JAR. (e.g. listeners, source to generate view,..). Or is there no difference?

When doing this, should I put the seam.properties both into my WAR and my JAR?

• 2. Re: ant-file of seam-gen EAR
            nimo22

The problem is, I get this error when putting classes into my WAR/classes-directory:

[Scanner] skipping class WEB-INF/classes/view/GridTable.class because it cannot be loaded (may reference a type which is not available on the classpath)

So JBOSS, SEAM(?) does not recognice that in my WEB-INF/classes-directory are classes available. Any ideas?

The WAR definitly contains the WEB-INF/classes/view/GridTable.class.

Should I name it in the application.xml ?

• 3. Re: ant-file of seam-gen EAR
              nimo22

Anyway, it seems to be a classloader-problem:

When putting classes into WAR's WEB-INF/classes, then these classes cannot find the classes of the EAR's JAR-File.I used  SEAM-Gen, the application.xml has:

<module>
                    <web>
                       <web-uri>sys.war</web-uri>
                       <context-root>/sys</context-root>
                    </web>
                 </module>

<module>
                    <ejb>sys.jar</ejb>
                 </module>

<module>
                     <ejb>jboss-seam.jar</ejb>
                 </module>

So the sys.war is integrated. But it does not work.

When I put all the classes of WAR's WEB-INF/classes within sys.jar, then all works.

But putting classes within WEB-INF/classes does not work.
              Why?

• 4. Re: ant-file of seam-gen EAR
                nimo22

Okay, I guess I know the failure. I placed seam.properties also in my WEB-INF/classes-directory.

I guess seam-gen produced ANT-File does not handle classes packaged in a WAR of an EAR correctly.

I do not know, why.