0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2009 11:14 PM by freakwave10

Websphere 6.1 entityManager injection question

freakwave10

Hi all,

after following the excellent reference documentation to deploy the project on Websphere 6.1 I have my project up and running.
      Most of the stuff is working now, e.g. Entities/Richfaces Datatables ... but I still have troubles with the EntityManager when using with native Queries.

In one of my beans I am injecting the EntityManager wtih:

@PersistenceContext(type = PersistenceContextType.EXTENDED, unitName = "AudioConference")
              EntityManager em;

Then I perform a NativeQuery:

Query seqQuery = em.createNativeQuery("select mac_user.audio_conf_tid_seq.nextval AS TID from dual");

This will give me a NPE.

When I inject the entity Manager the following way, it works:

@In(value="entityManager")
              EntityManager em;

I have two XA datasources, one to Oracle and one to SQL 2005.
      All DB access via normal entities works fine.

This is a snippet of my components.xml:

<persistence:managed-persistence-context name="entityManager"
                      auto-create="true"
                      entity-manager-factory="#{oracleManagerFactory}"/>

<persistence:entity-manager-factory name="oracleManagerFactory" persistence-unit-name="AudioConference"/>      

<persistence:managed-persistence-context name="msSqlEntityManager"
                      auto-create="true"
                      entity-manager-factory="#{mssqlManagerFactory}"/>

<persistence:entity-manager-factory name="mssqlManagerFactory" persistence-unit-name="AudioConferenceMsSql"/>      

<ui:entity-converter name="standardEntityConverter" entity-loader="#{standardEntityLoader}" />
              <ui:jpa-entity-loader name="standardEntityLoader" entity-manager="#{entityManager}" />

<ui:entity-converter name="msSqlEntityConverter" entity-loader="#{msSqlEntityLoader}" />
              <ui:jpa-entity-loader name="msSqlEntityLoader" entity-manager="#{msSqlEntityManager}" />

Any ideas why I am getting the NPE with injecting the entityManager via the PersistenceContext?
      Also what is the difference in the two methods?

Thanks for your help,

Wolfgang