0 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2009 1:32 PM by ohughes

Extending Seam JSF components

ohughes

Hi,

I have a situation where I need to extend some of the core JSF seam components, primarily s:link, because I need to create an image button which supports the s:link due to conversation traversing.

Before pageflows and conversation, I managed to do this through facelet components, but due to the way that seam evaluates the EL string given, it can't evaluate parameters being passed into a facelet, hence the need to create a proper JSF component for it.

Here is a sample facelet doing what I need to do:

<ui:param name="actionButton" value="#{actionButton}"/>
           <ui:param name="disabled" value="#{disabled}"/>

<s:link rendered="#{actionButton.seam}" action="#{actionButton.notifyOfSelection}" style="text-decoration: none;" disabled="#{actionButton.disabled or disabled}" >
                <medComp:graphicImage 
                     visible="#{not actionButton.hidden}" 
                     style="border: 0; padding: 2px;" 
                     actionButton="#{actionButton}" 
                     url="#{actionButton.getImagePath(disabled)}" 
                     fullImageURL="#{actionButton.getFullImagePath(disabled)}"
                     title="#{messages[actionButton.imageDescription]}"/>
           </s:link>

And a sample usage:

<medComp:actionButton actionButton="#{mediationFlowSearch.performSearch}"/>

But when this is used, Seam complains that it can't evaluate 'actionButton', i.e. it is null, whereas when I use the same concept but using commandLink instead, it works without any problems.

I think this is something to do with phases.

Does anyone have any experience with extending the Seam JSF library, or any advice on how to approach this, i.e. do I need to extend s:link, or can this be acheived another way?

Thanks,
      Osian