3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2009 2:16 AM by norman

OpenID and javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX

cretz

It would appear that the JSF view extension xhtml is hard coded in OpenId.java (2.1.2) and OpenIdPhaseListener.java (2.1.2).

I have a different JSF suffix, so I think this is the cause of org.openid4java.discovery.yadis.YadisException: 1798: GET failed on http://localhost:8080/.../openid.seam

Is this hard coded extension by intention? If not, may I file a bug or even submit a patch?

I am going to temporarily work around by using my own component w/ a higher precedence and I'll post here for others.

• 1. Re: OpenID and javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX
          cretz

Actually this is caused by using IceFaces' com.icesoft.faces.facelets.D2DSeamFaceletViewHandler ...arg

• 2. Re: OpenID and javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX
            jguglielmin

The default suffix is the page file (facelet page).  The com.icesoft.faces.actionURLSuffix parameter is what appears in the URL.  There is a limited number of actionURLSuffixes that you are allowed (seam, iface, jsf, etc), but the default suffix can be any extension name. (xhtml is what my IDE supports and is the standard by convention.  Some of the sample apps for ICEfaces use jspx for use with other IDE's).

If you can post a simple sample app to the ICEfaces forum (or create a jira and attach it there), we can then see where the extension is possibly getting misplaced (misnamed?). So far, there have been no problems with the current D2DFaceletViewHandler (which may not be checking the context param when this situation requires).

• 3. Re: OpenID and javax.faces.DEFAULT_SUFFIX
              norman

Hmm...  You are right that the OpenId component may have a little too much that is hardcoded.  Please open a JIRA for any issues you are hitting.