3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 15, 2009 12:04 AM by lhyna

Import beans generated in jdeveloper

Hi all! I'm a newbie in seam, and I had a lot of problems :$
      I tried to build an app doing revengr but I found a lot of problems (mainly because I'm really newly) and now my boss had the idea to import the CRUD that jdeveloper generate into seam so we can start caring about the business and less about the code. Did anyone try to do this?

• 1. Re: Import beans generated in jdeveloper
          asookazian

I am not very familiar with JDeveloper (other than it is not a set of plugins for Eclipse IDE like JBoss Tools is) but you can do your revengr of tables to entity classes using seam-gen (seam generate-entities) at the cmd line.  This is exactly what I do and then copy the classes into my entity package/directory after it's complete.  Under the covers, seam-gen is using Hibernate Tools (hbm2java tool in this case).  There is very good docs on this in the Hibernate tools and Seam ref docs.

If you are using identity columns with MSSQL or mysql, then let me know, there is some additional config you need to do in the seam-gen.reveng.xml file so the @GeneratedValue(strategy = IDENTITY) attribute is added to your classes for the @Id column...

• 2. Re: Import beans generated in jdeveloper

I just find that this is a bug :(

Jira 994

• 3. Re: Import beans generated in jdeveloper

Sorry wrong forum :$