1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 17, 2009 6:46 PM by oguzyalcin.oguzhanyalcin.gazi.edu.tr

problem passing date type as page parameter

davestar

I'm trying to filter a listPage by date and userid. From a datatable the selected userid and date value is passed to the listPage with the f:param tag. The list page shows an error that says value must be a date and the filter doesnt work. It works if its just filtered by userid without the date. What could I be doing wrong? or How can I get this to work? I've also tried using the JBoss seam date converter that doesnt work too.

Heres my code

firstPage.xhtml

<h:column>
                  <f:facet name="header">Date</f:facet>
                          <h:outputText value="#{_auditEventFact[3]}">
                          </h:outputText>
              </h:column>                          

<rich:column styleClass="action">
                  <f:facet name="header">Action</f:facet>  
                          <s:link value="View" view="/AuditEventFactList.xhtml" action="#{auditEventFactList.lookUpUserAuditRecords()}">
                          <f:param name="userid" value="#{_auditEventFact[1]}"/>
                          <f:param name="ntimestamp" value="#{_auditEventFact[3]}"/>
                      </s:link>                                                        
              </rich:column>

pages.xml

<param name="from"/>
         <param name="userid" value="#{auditEventFactList.auditEventFact.userid}"/>
         <param name="ntimestamp" value="#{auditEventFactList.auditEventFact.ntimestamp}" converterId="javax.faces.DateTime"/>

ListAction.java

private static final String EJBQL = "select auditEventFact from AuditEventFact auditEventFact";
           private static final String[] RESTRICTIONS = {
                     "lower(auditEventFact.userid) like concat(lower(#{auditEventFactList.auditEventFact.userid}),'%')",
                     "auditEventFact.ntimestamp = #{auditEventFactList.auditEventFact.ntimestamp}",
                     "lower(auditEventFact.auditid) like concat(lower(#{auditEventFactList.auditEventFact.auditid}),'%')", };

private AuditEventFact auditEventFact = new AuditEventFact();     
           public AuditEventFactList() {
                setEjbql(EJBQL);
                setRestrictionExpressionStrings(Arrays.asList(RESTRICTIONS));
                setMaxResults(25);
           }

EntityBean.java

@Temporal(TemporalType.TIMESTAMP)
          @Column(name="NTIMESTAMP#", length=11)
          public Date getNtimestamp() {
              return this.ntimestamp1;
          }

public void setNtimestamp(Date ntimestamp1) {
              this.ntimestamp1 = ntimestamp1;
          }

• 1. Re: problem passing date type as page parameter
          oguzyalcin.oguzhanyalcin.gazi.edu.tr

Hi Daivd,
          IMHO passing DateTime value as page parameter seems a little error prone. You can add:

@RequestParameter
          String nTimeStamp;

to List class and after that you can override the getResultList method as below:

@Override
          public List<AuditEventFact> gettResultList(){
           //implement some logic here to convert and assign the nTimestamp field to your field
          return super.getResultList();
          }

Hope this helps.