2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2009 4:48 PM by mdzaebel

Using Eclipse with Seam 2.2.0.CR1

fgantt

I originally created my project with seam-gen using Seam 2.1.2.GA.  I am now attempting to upgrade to Seam 2.2.0.CR1.  To do the upgrade, I used seam-gen to create a new project and then did a diff of the new project to the old one.  After handling all of the differences pointed out by the diff, everything looks good except for some of the Eclipse config.

1) When choosing the Seam Runtime (window--preferences--jboss tools--web--seam--add) in Eclipse, the version only goes up to 2.1.  If I point it at the 2.2.0.CR1 Seam, it gives a version mismatch error.  How can I get JBoss Tools in Eclipse to support the 2.2.0.CR1 Seam?

2) The seam-gen generated build.xml has a schema.version property defined.  Seam-gen in 2.1.2.GA sets this value to 2.1.  The seam-gen in 2.2.0.CR1 sets it to 2.2.  If I change it to 2.2, the ant view in Eclipse does not seem to be able to show it.

The version of JBoss Seam Tools that I am using is 3.1.0.M2-N200907092133-H355. 

Has anyone else experienced the same issues?

• 1. Re: Using Eclipse with Seam 2.2.0.CR1
          umk

Floyd Gantt wrote on Jul 20, 2009 16:30:

1) When choosing the Seam Runtime (window--preferences--jboss tools--web--seam--add) in Eclipse, the version only goes up to 2.1.  If I point it at the 2.2.0.CR1 Seam, it gives a version mismatch error.  How can I get JBoss Tools in Eclipse to support the 2.2.0.CR1 Seam?

I have run into this as well. I guess we'll have to wait for JBossTools to catch up...

• 2. Re: Using Eclipse with Seam 2.2.0.CR1
            mdzaebel

I posted a feature request Can't add Seam runtime version 2.2 (JBIDE-4657). The Seam component of JBoss Tools should be adapted for compatibility with Seam 2.2.0. Further versions should not reveal the same problem.

I'd recommend to add compatibility tests (or incompatibility notes) for further releases.