2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 23, 2009 7:34 PM by asookazian

org.jboss.seam.core.Init distributable

asookazian

Noticed these methods are new since 2.0:

isDistributable()
      setDistributable(boolean distributable)

and as follows in the 2.1.2 version of booking:

<core:init jndi-pattern="@jndiPattern@" debug="true" distributable="@distributable@"/>

The JavaDocs don't explain this new part of the API.  Is this similar to the <distributable/> tag in web.xml to mark the project for HttpSession (state) replication?  And the problem with web.xml is that we can't use tokenized variable syntax (e.g. @foo@).

• 1. Re: org.jboss.seam.core.Init distributable
          swd847

I think that this enables the ManagedEntityInterceptor (or whatever it is called). From memory I thikn it pull entity references out of conversation and session scoped beans and puts them directly into the appropriate context, I can't remember off the top of my head.

Also if you are using ant token replacement it is possible with some inventivness to use tokens in web.xml.

• 2. Re: org.jboss.seam.core.Init distributable
            asookazian

I actually have used tokenized variables in web.xml (but forgot!):

web.xml:

<!-- using variable for param-value for facelets.DEVELOPMENT to customize build/deploy for dev/UAT/prod scenarios -->

<context-param>
                  <param-name>facelets.DEVELOPMENT</param-name>
                  <param-value>@facelets-debug@</param-value>
               </context-param>

build.xml:

<copy todir="${war.dir}/WEB-INF"
                                     file="${basedir}/resources/WEB-INF/web.xml"
                                     overwrite="yes">
                                     <!-- filter token replace @facelets-debug@ in web.xml -->
                                  <filterset>    
                                               <filter token="facelets-debug" value="${debug}"/>                       
                                  </filterset>
                             </copy>