4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 10:31 PM by asookazian

Upgrade Seam version of app

oneworld95

Hi. I have a Seam app that uses Seam 2.1.1.GA and would like to upgrade it to use 2.1.2. What's involved in upgrading a Seam app? Do I just need to replace the JAR files and test or is there more to it? Thanks.

• 1. Re: Upgrade Seam version of app

That's essentially it.  If you're going from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2, the JAR changes will be limited to jboss-seam-*.jar files.  You'll want to replace your application's Seam jars with the latest versions from the 2.1.2 distribution.

Keep in mind that some JARs also have updated dependencies, for example jboss-seam-wicket and jboss-seam-rss.

If you're going to consider moving from 2.1.1 to 2.2.0, then keep in mind that more recent versions of core Hibernate files have been used and there are some particular things you will have to do if you're using JBoss 4.2.2.GA.

Hope this helps.

Seam Wiki guys...why is * restricted?  It's not code, it's a special character.  I should be able to use it anywhere.

• 2. Re: Upgrade Seam version of app
            oneworld95

Thanks, Chris. Very helpful.

• 3. Re: Upgrade Seam version of app
              israel.bgf

If you're going to consider moving from 2.1.1 to 2.2.0, then keep in mind that more recent versions of core Hibernate files have been used and there are some particular things you will have to do if you're using JBoss 4.2.2.GA.

Btw, what are these special things Chris?

• 4. Re: Upgrade Seam version of app
                asookazian

Chris Simons wrote on Aug 25, 2009 16:11:

Seam Wiki guys...why is * restricted?  It's not code, it's a special character.  I should be able to use it anywhere.

* is restricted because it's a special character reserved for emphasis.  So the wiki parser freaks out if it doesn't find a matching ending *.  It took me a while to get used to this forum and the wiki parser but it's alright now.