4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2009 6:09 PM by jguglielmin

JSF2 and setting environment

edilmar
      Hi,

I'm new in Seam.
      I would like to know when support for JSF2 will be fine.
      I know JSF2 is beta, but I didnt find at Seam site some place talking about a date plan.

Other question: my environment is NetBeans6.5 + GlashFish prelude v3 appserver.
      Is it possible to use Seam framework at this environment?

Thanks in advance,
        • 1. Re: JSF2 and setting environment
          israel.bgf

Seam 3 will have full support. Maybe in the end of the year you will have some beta version to try (just speculation).

• 2. Re: JSF2 and setting environment
            edilmar
            And what about running Seam at my NB6.5 + GlassFish env, is it possible?
            • 3. Re: JSF2 and setting environment
              israel.bgf

Ops sorry, I forgot the last question. Glassfish prelude have the features of JEE6, is that right? Well maybe it have some complications cause it's too new, but you can give a try. In the Seam downloaded package there are some samples with Glassfish v2, maybe it's the same thing to configure, maybe not... try it. But remember that seam is not attached to any specific application server, I use it with a plain servlet container like Tomcat for example.

• 4. Re: JSF2 and setting environment
                jguglielmin

I have already created a couple of simple applications with jsf2, ICEfaces2 and Seam3, although this was prior to the latest changes with webbeans and Seam3 so I will revisit that shortly.  Glassfishv3 is the target AS for jee6 but Dan has put a lot of effort into making deployment to Glassfish easier with Seam2.2, so I'm sure you can expect the same attention to this in future.  (The api was still changing with Glassfishv3 last month)