1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 3, 2009 1:21 AM by cpopetz

Dependency on wicket-1.3.5.jboss1.jar

suilix

I have a project that depends on wicket-1.4-rc4.jar but I see that the wicket example uses wicket-1.3.5.jboss1.jar.

Background: I have explored the examples and successfully converted the wicket 'booking' example to a Maven build, JPA and JettyPlus (embedded mode for test runs). I found that the wicket example depends on a custom version of wicket, V1.3.5.jboss1.

My questions are:

1) Who maintains V1.3.5.jboss1: Seam folk, Wicket folk, other?

2) Is the source available for V1.3.5.jboss1, if so where?

3) Is there a plan to maintain this custom Wicket? Or...

4) Is there a plan to coordinate the projects so a custom 'jboss1' version is not required?

FTR, I see that V1.3.5.jboss1 changed some of the constructors, added methods, etc. and that V1.4 added generics. My problem is I am using Wicket Web Beans (WWB) for automatic form generation but WWB uses Wicket generic types.

-- Rick

• 1. Re: Dependency on wicket-1.3.5.jboss1.jar
          cpopetz
          This is just because when Seam was at its release point, it was dependent upon a fix that was not yet in a released version of seam, and so we had to build our own, because seam cannot have snapshot dependencies when it is released.  Seam can use the 1.3.6+ version of wicket, and in the next maintenance release, will be able to use wicket 1.4.*  So the version you are using is the only/last one that will need the custom version of wicket.

-Clint