looking for 10 different frameworks to solve each of their narrow technical problems and then trying to figure out how to wire them together...
has the situation improved drastically with the current JBoss middleware stack and EE 5?
7) persistence provider (Hibernate, TopLink, EclipseLink, etc.)
8) Ant or Maven
9) JVM (Sun, JRockit, etc.)
10) IDE (Eclipse, NetBeans, IntelliJ, etc.)
11) various IDE plugins
12) Groovy or other scripting language
13) JavaFX, Flex, Silverlight, etc.
14) cache provider for Hibernate 2nd level cache (Ehcache, JBoss Cache, etc.)
15) application server (JBoss, Weblogic, etc.)
16) clustering solution (JBoss Cache with JGroups, Terracotta, etc.)
Is it going to improve with EE 6 and Web Beans???