1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2009 5:40 PM by willie slepecki

freebsd, jboss 5.1, seam giving outofmemory errors

willie slepecki Newbie

all our development is done on winblows machines.  but our production servers and testing area are freebsd 6.3 machines.  i just upgraded them to jboss 5.1 and jdk 1.6.  when i deploy the seam app i get outofmemory errors.  now the wierd thing, i have my jvm set to 1 gig of memory and my permgen ive tried settings between 500 and 1000 megs and i get the same result every time.  but it runs fine on winblows with the same configuration.

any ideas?

here is a snip of the log file.

2009-09-15 12:21:33,109 WARN  [org.jboss.seam.integration.jbossas.vfs.VFSScanner] (HDScanner) Error handling item 'org/jboss/seam/ui/validator/EqualityValidator$ValidOperation.class': java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
      2009-09-15 12:21:33,109 WARN  [org.jboss.seam.integration.jbossas.vfs.VFSScanner] (HDScanner) Error handling item 'org/jboss/seam/ui/validator/EqualityValidator.class': java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
      2009-09-15 12:21:33,110 WARN  [org.jboss.seam.integration.jbossas.vfs.VFSScanner] (HDScanner) Error handling item 'org/jboss/seam/ui/validator/FormattedTextValidator.class': java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
      2009-09-15 12:21:33,111 WARN  [org.jboss.seam.integration.jbossas.vfs.VFSScanner] (HDScanner) Error handling item 'org/jboss/seam/ui/validator/ModelValidator.class': java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
      2009-09-15 12:21:33,112 WARN  [org.jboss.detailed.classloader.ClassLoaderManager] (HDScanner) Unexpected error during load of:org.jboss.seam.security.management.package-info
      java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
              at java.util.zip.Inflater.init(Native Method)
              at java.util.zip.Inflater.<init>(Inflater.java:83)
              at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInflater(ZipFile.java:266)
              at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:212)
              at java.util.zip.ZipFile.getInputStream(ZipFile.java:180)
              at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipFileWrapper.openStream(ZipFileWrapper.java:214)
              at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryContext.openStream(ZipEntryContext.java:1082)
              at org.jboss.virtual.plugins.context.zip.ZipEntryHandler.openStream(ZipEntryHandler.java:153)
              at org.jboss.virtual.VirtualFile.openStream(VirtualFile.java:230)
              at org.jboss.classloading.spi.vfs.policy.VFSClassLoaderPolicy.getResourceAsStream(VFSClassLoaderPolicy.java:483)