7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2010 5:18 AM by Arbi Sookazian

Building Seam 3 modules

Piotr Steininger Newbie

I've worked on a number of consulting projects with Seam 2 and I learned to love a lot of its features (and got to know a lot of it inside and out). So now that Weld is done, I'd like to contribute to Seam 3 code in some way, to accelerate the time line. I would also love to help build some solid examples (beyond booking, number guess, etc - something with hands and legs).

I checked out the modules one by one (some are still not maven projects), but I can't seem to build some of them (ie. seam-bpm). Maven complains that it can't find seam-parent:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. I found a trace of it on repository.sonatype.org (http://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/org/jboss/seam/seam-parent/3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/), but no pom, just metadata.

How can I get around it?

I have to admit I am totally new to the process of contributing to open-source (I've been on consulting gigs for years), so I am not sure where to start. I tried to find some more detailed developer docs, but I probably did not dig deep enough.

I appreciate in advance any advice and direction.