3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2010 10:19 AM by Oguzhan Ceylan

Freeze at redirection

Oguzhan Ceylan Newbie

We have a highly time-cost saving process on an a4j:commandbutton; it takes nearly 20 seconds in local tests when running of button action is completed. Some IE7 browsers completes action, at same time an ajaxLoadingPopup makes user wait; after complete application  makes a successful redirection to new page. But in some IE7 browsers, application freezes in ajaxLoadingPopup screen, goes to infinite wait. Time cost can be the problem or any ideas??

• 1. Re: Freeze at redirection
          Leo van den berg Master

Hi,

20 seconds is very long to just wait for a response. Normally users are not that relaxed and start to push every button on the screen.

Something looks like to time-out; session or conversation and the browser lost the connection. If the result of your action is not directly needed by the user, use a ajax-push which renders a message when the result is ready.

Leo

• 2. Re: Freeze at redirection
            Sergio Samayoa Newbie

IE7?
            We've experiencig problems with IE7 and Richfaces 3.2.
            We changed to 3.2.2.SR1 and most problems gone.
            Regards.

• 3. Re: Freeze at redirection
              Oguzhan Ceylan Newbie

Leo van den Berg wrote on Jan 22, 2010 11:08:

Something looks like to time-out; session or conversation and the browser lost the connection. If the result of your action is not directly needed by the user, use a ajax-push which renders a message when the result is ready.

Leo

What I understand is to put a logger-like action to pageReady point. But how can I implement that, how can i understand page is ready? Is it possible to determine restoreView point from view or java?