Hi, did you get anywhere with this issue? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue.
Currently it's not so critical for our project, but I'm really puzzled why nobody has any comments about it.
I opened issue in jira:
but still no comments...
Yeah I saw your Jira.
It may not be well reported because the iPhone is normally just one of several email clients someone would use to view their email.
In our case, the system sends a PDF to our clients. If you read that email in, say, Googlemail then you see the attachment. But if you connect your iPhone to your Googlemail account, then you won't see the attachment (as we've both seen).
The odd thing is, we've got clients who use Outlook and they can't see the attachment either (but they do get the email).
Would be nice to come up with a workaround.
Could this be related to this JIRA (that I noticed in the list for 2.2.1.CR1):
https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBSEAM-3906 - Attachments are not shown in Outlook. The fix changed the message from Multipart related to Multipart mixed.
We attach generated PDFs to emails (using 2.2.0) and the attachments are available in outlook - haven't tried an iPhone so I can't tell you if that works.
Andrew, thanks for the link to jira.
I have not seen it before.
The workaround with change of MimeMultipart to
So it's the same issue...
Thank you again.