2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2010 4:37 AM by scott duke

EntityQuery for Transaction Processing?

scott duke Novice

I see EntityQuery used mostly for gathering data for lists to be displayed, but can it also be used for processing transactions?

The reason I am asking is because I want to page through small groups of data rather than one large result list. I already have code written to handle this, but thought EntityQuery already has the tools written for paging.

Thanks,
      Scott

• 1. Re: EntityQuery for Transaction Processing?
          Gabor Jakab Newbie

What exactly do you mean by transactions? EntityQuery is pretty useful for lists with paging. If you rather want to implement some background batch processing I would suggest to check Hibernate Scrollableresults and Hibernate StatelessSession... this is you chapter then: Batch processing

• 2. Re: EntityQuery for Transaction Processing?
            scott duke Novice

What I meant by transactions is creating and updating records based upon a resultList that can be pretty big.

I had thought about hibernate, but I have not setup my project to use hibernate. I had wanted to switch over to use hibernate at some point, but I guess now is a good time.

I will check the Seam documentation for setting hibernate up. Or, is there a good site that can step me through this?

Thanks Gabor! The scrollableresults is exactly what I am looking for.

Scott