2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2001 12:07 AM by David Jencks

JBoss and Object Databases

Prashanth K. Salur Newbie

Hi,

Has JBoss been tested with any ObjectDatabases ?? I am trying to use ObjectStore Database (an OODMS) and Bean Managed Persistence but for some reason it doesn't seem to work. Should I modify any of the configuration files of JBoss to make it work.

The test cases I have written makes me beleive that JBoss has a problem working with Object Databases .. some thing to do with the way the persistence manager uses reflection to create the Bean. I tested the persistence part seperately ..like creating an instance of the EntityBean like a regular Java Object and calling ejbCreate() method .. and the bean is being saved to the database .. but when I try the EJB way ... like getting the home reference and calling create method on it .. its throwing the following exception

javax.ejb.CreateException: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
       at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemot
      eCall.java:245)
       at sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:220)
       at sun.rmi.server.UnicastRef.invoke(UnicastRef.java:122)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker_Stub.invokeHome(Unk
      nown Source)
       at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.HomeProxy.invoke(HomeProxy.java:248)

at $Proxy0.create(Unknown Source)

Can anyone suggest me something ????

Thanks
      Prashanth