4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2010 9:28 PM by Paul Waldo

Duplicate websession prevents deployment

Paul Waldo Newbie

Hi all,

I'm just starting to learn seam, so forgive me if this a simple question :-)

I am using jboss-5.1.0.GA and jboss-seam-2.2.0.GA on OS-X 10.6.  I have tried to create a new starter project, but it will not deploy:

09:18:05,319 INFO  [TomcatDeployment] deploy, ctxPath=/seamtest
      09:18:05,367 INFO  [config] Initializing Mojarra (1.2_12-b01-FCS) for context '/seamtest'
      09:18:05,861 WARN  [SeamPhaseListener] There should only be one Seam phase listener per application
      09:18:07,722 INFO  [ServletContextListener] Welcome to Seam 2.2.0.GA
      09:18:10,321 ERROR [[/seamtest]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener
      java.lang.IllegalStateException: duplicate factory for: org.jboss.seam.web.webSession (duplicate is specified in components.xml)
           at org.jboss.seam.core.Init.checkDuplicateFactoryExpressions(Init.java:227)
           at org.jboss.seam.core.Init.checkDuplicateFactory(Init.java:220)
           at org.jboss.seam.core.Init.addFactoryValueExpression(Init.java:283)
           at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.installComponents(Initialization.java:1152)
           at org.jboss.seam.init.Initialization.init(Initialization.java:733)
           at org.jboss.seam.servlet.SeamListener.contextInitialized(SeamListener.java:36)
           at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3910)

I have scoured the forums and google, and others seem to have run across this in previous seam versions.  The consensus was that there was an extra jboss-seam.jar floating around.  I have tried removing the one instance of the jar, but that causes other obvious problems :-)

I have found this problem to occur in a freshly created project via seam-gen as well as Jboss Tools.  Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am dead in the water!

• 1. Re: Duplicate websession prevents deployment
          Leo van den berg Master

Hi,

Look into the created directory and see if things are copied. I've found that sometimes the build just copies content twice in the deploy-directory and therefor in the final directory/WAR.

If that is the case, you probably have a build path problem.

Leo

• 2. Re: Duplicate websession prevents deployment
            Paul Waldo Newbie

Leo van den Berg wrote on Nov 06, 2010 15:48:

Look into the created directory and see if things are copied. I've found that sometimes the build just copies content twice in the deploy-directory and therefor in the final directory/WAR.

Thanks for the reply, Leo.  From what I can see there are no duplicates:

MacBook-Pro:seamtest paul$ find ~/projects/seamtest ~/Java/jboss-5.1.0.GA -name jboss-seam.jar
            /Users/paul/projects/seamtest/exploded-archives/seamtest.ear/jboss-seam.jar
            /Users/paul/projects/seamtest/lib/jboss-seam.jar
            /Users/paul/Java/jboss-5.1.0.GA/server/default/deploy/seamtest.ear/jboss-seam.jar

Maybe I'm missing something?

• 3. Re: Duplicate websession prevents deployment
              Leo van den berg Master

Hi,

Another trick is cleaning up the JBoss directories. You can delete the directories TMP, WORK and DATA without a problem and after that do a full new deploy. See if that helps.

Leo

• 4. Re: Duplicate websession prevents deployment
                Paul Waldo Newbie

Leo van den Berg wrote on Nov 06, 2010 19:48:

Hi,

Another trick is cleaning up the JBoss directories. You can delete the directories TMP, WORK and DATA without a problem and after that do a full new deploy. See if that helps.

Leo

Hi Leo,

I had already tried the tmp and work dirs.  Didn't know about data.  I tried removing all three, but no dice.  Your suggestion did spur me to get drastic; I blew away the entire jboss dir and reinstalled.  That seemed to do the trick.  Yay!

I'd love to know what I did, because I managed to mess up a windows box in the same way...

Thanks for all your help!!