1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2010 6:43 PM by kragoth

conversation timeout of 2 minutes makes bad failures...

deanhiller2000

I have been testing an edit ticket page after the 2 minute mark.  If I change pulldowns and widgets after the 2 minute mark, I get very bad failures like this...

Caused by javax.el.PropertyNotFoundException with message: "/secure/requirements/edit/ticketForm.xhtml @126,98 value="#{ticket.status}": Target Unreachable, identifier 'ticket' resolved to null"

EXACT TEST CASE:

1. go to page
      2. wait 2 minutes
      3. change a pulldown which makes an ajax call on change

I don't interact with anything else during the test.  I have a few questions on this...

1. Why 2 minutes....that seems like a very short time if someone is editing a long description in a ticket and they will lost all their work
      2. why is it not going to a conversation timed out page like it normally does in seam?

thanks,
      Dean

• 1. Re: conversation timeout of 2 minutes makes bad failures...
          kragoth

The conversation timeout value is completely configurable and you should modify it to suit the application you are writing. Default values are generally not optimal for real systems. They are placeholders and in a lot of cases set to values that will prompt you to change them as they are application specific.

Check the Seam doco for how to change the conversation timeout value.