1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 6:06 PM by kragoth

Injection not workin in filter class

lucasmonsterrocha

I have the class above and i could'nt inject certificadoAction or validarCertificadoDigital using @In(create true) it's comming null.

@Filter
      public class FiltroCertificado extends SeamFilter {

@In(create true)
              private ValidarCertificadoDigitalAction certificadoAction;

@In(create true)
              private ValidarCertificadoDigital validarCertificadoDigital;

@Override
              public void doFilter(ServletRequest request, ServletResponse response,
                              FilterChain chain) throws IOException, ServletException {

System.out.println(chamou filtro);

super.doFilter(request, response, chain);
              }

• 1. Re: Injection not workin in filter class
          kragoth

Well, your FiltroCertificado isn't a Seam bean so no Bijection is going to take place.

You need to add the @Name annotation to the bean as well.

Take a look at the source code for any one of Seams built in filters.

They all start pretty much like this:

@Scope(APPLICATION)
          @Name("org.jboss.seam.web.ajax4jsfFilter")
          @Install(precedence = BUILT_IN, dependencies="org.jboss.seam.web.ajax4jsfFilterInstantiator")
          @BypassInterceptors
          @Filter
          public class Ajax4jsfFilter extends AbstractFilter
          {
          }

Now, obviously with the @BypassInterceptors annotation on the class the @In is still not going to work. So you have a couple of options.

1. Remove the @BypassInterceptors annotation and let Seam do it's magic. (NOT RECOMMENDED: This will put a lot of very unnecessary overhead on your Filter and I'm not even sure it works...never tried :P).

2. Instead of using the @In to get a reference to a Seam bean use the Component.getInstance() method.

I'm concerned though that you might be going the wrong way about the problem. (Using a filter that is) But, without knowing what those other Seam beans are for it is a bit hard. Filters are generally APPLICATION scoped so you want to make sure you understand that any state you have in the Filter is for EVERYONE.