1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 9, 2011 4:51 PM by bking007

seam app - jboss server hot-deploy issue

bking007

hi folks, I am working on a Seam 2.2.1 App deployed on JBoss 5.1.0-GA. For some reason, hot-deploying the exploded war is not working all of a sudden. My build.xml is also copying the COMPILED classes correctly over to the jboss deploy directory (100% sure coz the new changes were seen after decompiling the class), but the server won't pick up the new changes. However, hot-deploying into DEBUG mode is working fine. Isn't it weird?????? But, I cannot work in DEBUG mode for a long time coz the server needs to be restarted after adding a new method. Please let me know if there is any setting to enable hot-deployment in SERVER mode. Your inputs are appreciated. Thanks!

• 1. Re: seam app - jboss server hot-deploy issue
          bking007

Well, after going thru so many posts/topics online on this issue, I decided to explode all my compiled classes to WEB-INF/dev which is a small configuration change in the build.xml. Still wonder why we couldn't explode the classes to any other directory except WEB-INF/dev...there might be a way to change it..but it's out of scope for now...glad my server is happy now :)