3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2011 6:24 PM by zeeman

Seam 2.2  on jboss AS 6 issue

zeeman
      My Seam 2.2.1 project was running fine on jboss 4.2. I updated it to Seam 2.2.2 and got it to deploy on jboss 6. There are no errors in jboss 6 log. However, when I go to main page http://localhost:8080/myproject I get an endless loop error. Chrome says the site generated too many redirects.

I enabled DEBUG level in jboss and saw nothing related to redirects. I disabled all <exception> in pages.xml just in case they were causing redirects and that did not help either.

I upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.2 by copying lib for distribution folder to my lib folder. I modified my config xml files according to dvdstore example which runs on jboss 6. I copied needed jars as suggested by the dvdStore example.

I spent 14 hours on this issue and it's totally blocking me. Any help appreciated.
        • 1. Re: Seam 2.2  on jboss AS 6 issue
          imion2k5

Hi,

I remember that I was facing the same issue when upgrading to seam 2.2.2 and JBoss AS 6. Have you tried to enable JSF 1.2 in the web.xml? Seam 2.2.2 is not fully compatible with JSF 2.0 which is enabled by default in JBoss 6:

<context-param>
             <param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.JSF_CONFIG_NAME</param-name>
             <param-value>Mojarra-1.2</param-value>
          </context-param>

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure how I solved this problem. I will have a look at my project to see if I made more changes to get it working!

Best regards
          Björn

• 2. Re: Seam 2.2  on jboss AS 6 issue
            zeeman

Hi Björn,

I made JSF 1.2 the default in jboss 6 config file. Please have a look at your project and let me know how you solved it.

Much appreciated!

Björn Pilarski wrote on May 22, 2011 03:47:

Hi,

I remember that I was facing the same issue when upgrading to seam 2.2.2 and JBoss AS 6. Have you tried to enable JSF 1.2 in the web.xml? Seam 2.2.2 is not fully compatible with JSF 2.0 which is enabled by default in JBoss 6:

<context-param>
               <param-name>org.jboss.jbossfaces.JSF_CONFIG_NAME</param-name>
               <param-value>Mojarra-1.2</param-value>
            </context-param>

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure how I solved this problem. I will have a look at my project to see if I made more changes to get it working!

Best regards
            Björn

Click HELP for text formatting instructions. Then edit this text and check the preview.

• 3. Re: Seam 2.2  on jboss AS 6 issue
              zeeman

After digging more into it, it's whenever jboss-seam-resteasy.jar is included in war lib the redirect loop error is shown. After I remove the jboss-seam-resteasy.jar things work fine. There is another thread by someone else about this resteasy error. It seems to be a bug in Seam/resteasy, cannot find any solutions. Any ideas?