I really tried to find answers for my questions in the forum, but I didn't find them. My doubts are described below. I'm trying to use tomcat as a container.
1) Seam in Action book says something about "global transactions", which are intended to "automagically" manages transactions between JSF phases. The book says up to 3 transactions can be created per request. In this case, the annotation @Transaction is needed?
2) @Transaction, @Begin and @End annotations can be used even with local non-JTA transactions, inside a tomcat container?
3) I was studying the jboss-seam-jpa project example bundled in jboss-seam-2.2.2.Final, and I saw the annotations @Begin/@End in a @Scope(EVENT) component, the HotelBookingAction class. Does it make any sense? Shouldn't this annotations be valid only in Conversational scope?
4) Does anybody uses EntityHome class in real systems? Is it a good idea to extend it to add new functions?
5) What happens to EntityManager instance in a @Scope(Conversational) component when a long running conversation is NOT created (only @Transactional annotations at methods)?? Is EntityManager tied to component lifecicle forever? And if I have 2 @Scope(Conversational) components, will I have the same EntityManager instance, considering that EntityManager is injected with @In ?!