0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2011 8:56 AM by emerald007

Seam 2.2 Security Example

emerald007

I have an existing Tide based application and I need to enable role based access controls. I plan to use the Seam 3 Security framework, the initial authentication stage will be done with a CAS/JASIG filter, with authorisations then being processes via LDAP. I'm justing GraniteDS 2.2.0.GA, Seam 2.2.2.FINAL and spring 3.0.5.FINAL.

I want to outline the steps and files that I plan to achieve this to ensure i'm on the right track.

1 - web.xml

Add the CAS/JASIG filter. Add the seam listener

2 - granite-config.xml

Add the seam security service

<security type="org.granite.seam.security.SeamSecurityService"/>

Ensure the jboss seam Identity is registered with tide

<tide-components>
              <tide-component instance-of="org.jboss.seam.security.Identity"/>

3 - services-config.xml

Enable the SeamServiceFactory for the application

<factory id="seamFactory" class="org.granite.seam.SeamServiceFactory" />

4 - Add a custom Identity

I'll add a custom Identity class, this will expect that the CAS filter has authenticated the user, and it will then determine the correct roles/permissions to add to the users Identity object.

@Name("org.jboss.seam.security.identity")
      @Scope(ScopeType.SESSION)
      @Install(precedence = APPLICATION)
      @BypassInterceptors
      @Startup
      public class ProactionIdentity extends Identity {

5 - components.xml

In order to configure the seam components i need to provide a 'components.xml' file but am unsure of the content. If the class is correctly annotated won't the object be injected correctly?

6 - Login Page

My existing login page is contained within a Login.mxml file. In most of the example I've seen, the seam security framework expects a 'pages.xml' files to be provided, in which the page navigation rules can be configured and the attribute 'login-required' is enabled.

7 - Role Base Controls

The final step will be to update my mxml files to ensure the components use the attribute 'visibility' with the correct role/permission setting.

Are there any major steps that you think i might be missing?
      Regards,
      P