4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2001 5:10 AM by matthias

cmp-cd-Example with sapdb

matthias

Hi
      i have Problems with the cd-Example from JBoss.
      I try to connect it to sapdb.

I have changed the file jboss.jcml as follows:

------------

org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver,com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.DriverSapDB

DefaultDS
      org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XADataSourceImpl
      jdbc:sapdb://localhost/tst
      DOMAIN
      DOMAIN

------------

and i have copied the file sapdbc.jar to lib\ext

When i copy cd.jar to the deploy-directory i see the following message reported by JBoss:

-------------------------------------------------
      [Verifier] Verifying file:/D:/JBoss/JBoss-2.4.3/tmp/deploy/Default/cd.jar/ejb1001.jar
      [Container factory] Deploying CDBean
      [Container factory] Deploying CDCollectionBean
      [Container factory] com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.exceptions.JDBCDriverException: SAP DBTech JDBC: No Catalogs in SAP DBTech
      [Container factory] at com.sap.dbtech.jdbc.ConnectionSapDB.getCatalog(ConnectionSapDB.java:354)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.xa.wrapper.XAClientConnection.getCatalog(XAClientConnection.java:307)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCInitCommand.execute(JDBCInitCommand.java:102)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.JAWSPersistenceManager.init(JAWSPersistenceManager.java:103)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CMPPersistenceManager.init(CMPPersistenceManager.java:110)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.EntityContainer.init(EntityContainer.java:291)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.Application.init(Application.java:202)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:372)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.ContainerFactory.deploy(ContainerFactory.java:304)
      [Container factory] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      [Container factory] at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1628)

Which catalogs are missing, do i have to change more ?

Another question is, when i change name and Pool-Name from DefaultDS to SapDB i see the message:

[Verifier] Verifying file:/D:/JBoss/JBoss-2.4.3/tmp/deploy/Default/cd.jar/ejb1001.jar
      [Container factory] Deploying CDBean
      [Container factory] Deploying CDCollectionBean
      [Container factory] org.jboss.ejb.DeploymentException: DefaultDS not bound
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.metadata.JawsApplicationMetaData.init(JawsApplicationMetaData.java:120)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.metadata.JawsXmlFileLoader.load(JawsXmlFileLoader.java:75)
      [Container factory] at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jaws.jdbc.JDBCCommandFactory.(JDBCCommandFactory.java:133)

Where is the reference to DefaultDS defined ?

Many thx in Advance

Matthias

• 1. Re: cmp-cd-Example with sapdb
          erik777

I don't know anything about your database, but my guess is that you need to specify the catalog as a parameter to your connection string.

With MySQL you need to specify which database to use. There are several ways of doing this. One way is to provide it as a property:

DatabaseName=mydata

You might need something similar where you specify a catalog.

As for the JAWS datasource, the default is defined as DefaultDS, which is bound in standardjaws.xml. If you want to bind another data source, include a jaws.xml with your deployment, and include the following:

java:/SapDB

You use jaws.xml to override default settings.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: cmp-cd-Example with sapdb
            jonathanli888

Erik,

For the CD example, I have been trying to config the jaws.xml but failed. My intention is to create my own finders. Could you tell me which jaws.xml I can use or just create a new one? I put the following section to ejb-jar.xml and also tried to create my own jaws.xml. Still can not make it go.

findJL
            id IS NOT NULL

Regards,

Jonathan

• 3. Re: cmp-cd-Example with sapdb
              matthias

Thank you Erik,

the Problem with DefaultDS is solved on using jaws.xml.

The Catalog-Problem is not solved. I have Tested the Connection with Adabas-D and here everything runs correct.

In standardjaws.xml there is a type-Mapping for sapdb.
              Does this mean that there are experiences in this way ?

regards Matthias

• 4. Re: cmp-cd-Example with sapdb
                matthias

The Problem is solved,

the Reason was the jdbc-Driver. I have downloaded the newest version and now it works fine !

Thanks for all
                Matthias