0 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2012 8:18 AM by bernard.tison

Configuring a host with two servers bound to different IP's

bernard.tison

hi,

I am trying to configure a host with two servers, each server bound to a different IP address.

The relevant fragments from domain.xml and host.xml:

domain.xml:

{code:xml}

<interfaces>

<interface name="management"/>

<interface name="public"/>

</interfaces>

<server-groups>
        <server-group name="main-server-group" profile="default">
          <socket-binding-group ref="standard-sockets"/>
        </server-group>
      </server-groups>
      {code}

host.xml:

{code:xml}

<interfaces>

<interface name="management">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:127.0.0.1}"/>

</interface>

</interfaces>

<servers>

<server name="server-one" group="main-server-group">

<interface name="public">

<inet-address value="192.168.1.20"/>

</interface>

</server>

<server name="server-two" group="main-server-group">

<interface name="public">

<inet-address value="192.168.1.21"/>

</interface>

</server>

</servers>

{code}

However, when I start up my domain, I got a stack trace saying that the "public" interface is already defined.

[Host Controller] 13:04:46,191 ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS014612: Operation ("add") failed - address: ([

[Host Controller]     ("host" => "node1"),

[Host Controller]     ("server-config" => "server-two"),

[Host Controller]     ("interface" => "public")

[Host Controller] ]): org.jboss.msc.service.DuplicateServiceException: Service jboss.network.public is already registered

[Host Controller]     at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceRegistrationImpl.setInstance(ServiceRegistrationImpl.java:154) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.1.GA-redhat-1]

[Host Controller]     at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl.startInstallation(ServiceControllerImpl.java:226) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.1.GA-redhat-1]

[Host Controller]     at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceContainerImpl.install(ServiceContainerImpl.java:560) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.1.GA-redhat-1]

[Host Controller]     at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceTargetImpl.install(ServiceTargetImpl.java:201) [jboss-msc-1.0.1.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.1.GA-redhat-1]

(remainder of the stacktrace removed)

The only way till now I found to make this setup work is by defining a "public1" and a "public2" interface, and configure these in server-one and server-two respectively.

However, this requires me to duplicate the socket-binding-group definitions in domain.xml, as the socket-binding-group is bound to an interface, so I need a socket-binding group for interface "public1" and a socket-binding group for interface "public2".

For two servers this is doable, but become quite tedious if I would need to configure more servers on one box.

Is there another way to achieve this?

Thx

Bernard