2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 17, 2012 3:24 PM by menjivar88

Gatein's database dependencies

menjivar88

Hello all, im configuring gatein's databases dependencies, but i would like to know:

1- what kind of java objects the JCR services saves on the database ?? i mean, what does gatein saves there, a special user, portlets or what??

2- if i hava set up the dependencie for the identity store to an oracle database but i have a ldap configurated to store de users of gatein, this means users will be stored to both places ??

3- where does gatein saves the portlets ??

thanks for your help! 

regards

carlos

• 1. Re: Gatein's database dependencies
          nfilotto

1- what kind of java objects the JCR services saves on the database ?? i mean, what does gatein saves there, a special user, portlets or what?? 

Everything is stored into the JCR excepts the data of PicketLink IDM which are the Users/Groups/Roles more details here http://www.jboss.org/picketlink/IDM.html. So for example, GateIn saves into the JCR the portal configurations, the navigatons, the pages and the portlet preferences

2- if i hava set up the dependencie for the identity store to an oracle database but i have a ldap configurated to store de users of gatein, this means users will be stored to both places ??

I believe that your configuration is required to really know

3- where does gatein saves the portlets ??

What do you mean by portlets ? portlet prefences or classes with the correponding portlet.xml file? If it is portlet preferences it is stored in the JCR if you mean the classes with the descriptor file, you will find them in the different war files inside the directory ${jboss-as-home}/server/${profile-name}/deploy/gatein.ear

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Gatein's database dependencies
            menjivar88

Hi, thanks for your reply

Well when you ask for my configuration to know if the users are created in both placed, my gatein is configurated with default values from the reference guide to configurate LDAP so the groupTypeMappings is defined as:

<field name="groupTypeMappings">

<map type="java.util.HashMap">

<entry>

<key><string>/</string></key>

<value><string>root_type</string></value>

</entry>

<entry>
                            <key><string>/platform/*</string></key>
                            <value><string>platform_type</string></value>
                          </entry>
                          <entry>
                            <key><string>/organization/*</string></key>
                            <value><string>organization_type</string></value>
                          </entry>

this means only platform and organization are stored in the LDAP server ?? and other users on the oracle database that i have configurated as my default user store on the gatein-ds.xml ???

for example root user i guess is at the oracle database because when i search at the LDAP server i dont find any root user.

thanks for your help!

regards

Carlos