2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 8:59 AM by enrix

To access a EJB within a Converter-Class

enrix

Hello Community,

Is ist possible to access a non-interface EJB in a self-made JSF-converter? I have created a JEE6 maven-project and the @EJB annotation within the converter doesn't work. And the InitialContext lookup

required an interface.

best regards

• 1. Re: To access a EJB within a Converter-Class
          healeyb

Henry, it's an annoying oversight that @EJB doesn't work, but you can add something like this in the

converter constructor:

private YourEjbClass ejb;

public YourConverter() {

if (ejb == null) {

try {

ctx = new InitialContext();

ejb = (YourEjbClass) ctx.lookup("java:global/com.myproject_MyProject_war_1.0.0/YourEjbClass");

} catch (Exception e) { // poor example of exception handling!

Log.log(e.getMessage());

}

}

}

The glassfish app server outputs the portable jndi names in the server log at startup time for all ejbs, hopefully similar

functionality exists for other app servers.

I use Myfaces CODI http://myfaces.apache.org/extensions/cdi/ which allows me to @Inject ejbs into converter

classes that are annotated with the @Advanced annotation (I think this may depend on whether you're using

OpenWebBeans or Weld as the CDI implementation, as a glassfish user I use Weld and require @Advanced).

Regards,

Brendan.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: To access a EJB within a Converter-Class
            enrix

Brendan, thanks for the helpful answer. For the time i have chosen the InitialContext-Lookup and it works trouble-free. Soon I'll be looking closer for CODI. It should also work in Jboss AS7, but befor i have to change my pom.xml. I have visited your Link an have found maven-build-information in the project summary. Maybe, if you have time, you can provide your code from your pom.xml.

For those how are often reliant on a InitialContext-Lookup, I've got a tip: During the deploy-process the AS shows the right JNDI-Namespaces (java:global/..., java:modul:/..., java:app/...) of your EJB's within the open terminal.

Best regards an good cooperation continues

Henry