2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 23, 2012 6:11 AM by giant2

jQuery and richfaces:modalPanel

giant2

Are there any problem using jQuery in a rich:modalPanel?

I see this strange thing:

my modalPanel has a <rich:jQuery selector="document" query="ready(function(){  })></rich:jQuery>

The piece of istruction between {} is executed when the document is all ready (even if the modalPanel is not visible).

My modalPanel has 2 panel/div in it, the first name "simple" and the second named "complex" (the ids).

Following a parameter, the modalPanel is showed and "simple" or "complex" is visible:

if (#{myBean.isSimple()}){jQuery('#complex').animate({'height': 'hide'}, { duration: 0 });jQuery('#simple').animate({'height': 'show'}, { duration: 0 });}

else{jQuery('#complex').animate({'height': 'show'}, { duration: 0 });jQuery('#simple').animate({'height': 'hide'}, { duration: 0 });}

Well, the thing I see is that the animation are ignored.

I tried to put an alert in the if and in the else statement and see they are called correctly, but the animation doesn't start and see a wrong situation.

The particular thing continue because if I do an "F5"-refresh, magically the animation is executed (only the first time).

Why appens this?