1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 12:50 PM by healeyb

partial model updates

howhigh

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to avoid the loading of a part of a page and therefore of data used in this part.

I explain myself: I've a page with two panels which cannot be rendered at the same time.

So if the first one is displayed, the second is hidden and vice versa.

This is done with an ajax call, etc... classic

The fact is that the model of the part which isnt displayed is still rendered.

In my case, there are data which come from a database and there aren't displayed, so it's a waste of resources.

I've the same thing with a tabPanel (ajax switch) with 5 extendedDataTables and 1 ExtendedDataModel which implements Arrangeable per extendedDataTable.

Every time I click on one tab, the models of the 4 others extendedDataTables are also refreshed.

I could avoid this problem with playing with flags but it's not very efficient and clean.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: partial model updates
          healeyb

Is there some code you can post up to show exactly what you mean, it's not always obvious what is

meant by displayed, rendered etc... You seem to be saying that you have some part of a page which

is not rendered/displayed/you can't see it on the screen - but the backing bean getters are still being

called?