1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 22, 2012 9:49 AM by xmasrock

Datasource & JDBC Driver inconsistencies

xmasrock

Hi,

On AS7.1 Final, I'm using a deployment where I've got a DomainController on hostA  and two HostControllers on host1 and host2.

To me inconsistency is : jdbc is deployed into a servers' group and datasource definition is done at profile level.  For the ExampleDS all is defined in the profile.

Example:

To deploy a JDBC Driver I need to deploy it into the group of servers I've defined with profile "ha". In the console I'm using the "Runtime" tab. 

- however it deploys well in both servers and is detected as a JDBC Driver.

Then, I need to define the datasource in the profile the group is associated with. In the "Profile" tab choosing the "ha" profile.

As a side note:

- when I'm doing that, I've got:

- a popup saying : "Either you did not deploy any JDBC driver or nor is server running. In order to create a data source you need to provide JDBC driver deployment." with a "Confirm button"

- two popups for datasource definition (see attached screenshot)

Note2: where is the TestConnection operation ?

• 1. Re: Datasource & JDBC Driver inconsistencies
          xmasrock

On the TestConnection operation, I understand how difficult it could be to test such a datasource at the profile level where you can have several groups of servers using this profile.

A test then should span all servers. I would love it along with the ability to run it for a group.