3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 3:26 AM by feuyeux

popup window cannot be closed if there is a render action

feuyeux

Hi guys,

I'm pizzled with this phenomemon, if you know the mechanism, please illustrate it. Thanks in advance!

There are 3 component in my scenario:

a4j:commandLink

a4j:status

rich:popupPanel

When click the a4j:commandLink, a4j:status will start to work and show the rich:popupPanel, when the action method finished, a4j:status will know that and close the popup window.

Code:

<a4j:commandLink id="generateButton0" style="display:none" action="#{rBean.generate}" status="generateStatus" render="xxx"/>

<a4j:status id="generateStatus" name="generateStatus" onstart="#{rich:component('processModalPanel')}.show();" onstop="#{rich:component('processModalPanel')}.hide();"/>

<rich:popupPanel id="processModalPanel" ...

Please note that the render property of a4j:commandLink, if I use it, the popup window will not be closed forever!

But I want to render the xxx compont, so, what I did is adding a a4j:jsFunction to render:

<a4j:jsFunction name="updateReportPanel" render="reportPanel"/>

And more, I change the status' onstop method:

onstop="#{rich:component('processModalPanel')}.hide();updateReportPanel();"

Now, it works. But I want to know the flow or lifecycle of total process in this scenario, why the first solution cannot work?

Thanks again!

Eric Han