2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 8:18 AM by jaegermann

Moment of message serialization in ActionPipeline

jaegermann

Hi,

I am developing Services using JBoss 5.1 with JBossESB 4.10.

I am wondering about the moment of message serialization when processing the action pipeline. I recognized that the message is serialized after executing the process methods in all actions but before processSuccess or processException methods are called.

During the process method execution I enhance my message with additional content and I wanted to clean up before serialization, and thoght to be able to do this in processSuccess and espacially in processException methods. Is there another way how all my actions in the pipeline can access the message again after finishing the process pipeline but before serialization?

Thanks

jaegermann

• 1. Re: Moment of message serialization in ActionPipeline
          tcunning

This screams AOP to me.     I assume you've looked through ActionProcessingPipeline.java already - there's nothing really built in there that will do this.     You could accomplish it through AOP and replacing the ActionProcessingPipeline.process method.

• 2. Re: Moment of message serialization in ActionPipeline
            jaegermann

Hi Tom,

thanks for your answer.

I had a short look at ActionProcessingPipeline.java and even at ActionProcessorMethodInfo.java but i could not find the part, where the message is serialized. Where is this part of the code? Is there any special reason why serializing the message is done before invoking processSuccess or processException Methods?