2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2013 6:31 PM by dstockdreher

resource-adapters transaction-support element meaning

jleinawe

When I configure a resource-adapter and will be using XA, I set the transaction-support to "XATransaction".

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:resource-adapters:1.0">
                <resource-adapters>
                      <resource-adapter>
                            <archive>
                                  wljmsra.rar
                            </archive>
                            <transaction-support>XATransaction</transaction-support>

Does this mean that every connection-definition must be backed by by a connection-definition class that supports XA (in my case JMS, so XAConnectionFactory)?   Or can I have a mix of XA and non-XA connection definitions in a resource-adapter config specifying XATransaction?

I've noticed that if I specify XATransaction, my connection-defintion must use "<xa-pool>" instead of "<pool>", this gives me pause...

My use case is an application that uses JMS (through a resource-adapter) deployed on JBoss.   My application uses a mix of XA and non-XA JMS messaging.    So can I bundle XA and non-XA connection-definitions in the same resource-adapter configuration, or do I have to use two separate resource-adapter configurations.  One for the XA and one for the non-XA connection definitions?