1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 14, 2012 5:30 AM by tcharman

JAAS security-domain

Hi

I am using JBoss 7.0.2, trying to get JBPM installed.

I'm switching JBPM Guvnor to use a file based user/role repository.

In the JBoss CLI (jboss-admin.sh), I have created a security domain (I can see it in standalone.xml) by doing this:

/subsystem=security/security-domain=guvnor/authentication=classic

I then

cd /subsystem=security/security-domain=guvnor/authentication=classic

and try to create the login-module:

:add(login-modules=[{"code"=>"UsersRoles", "flag"=>"required", "module-options"=>[[("name"=>"usersProperties"),("value"=>"props/guvnor-users.properties")],[("name"=>"rolesProperties","value"=>"props/guvnor-roles.properties")]]}])

I get this:

{

"outcome" => "failed",

"failure-description" => "No handler for operation add at address [

(\"subsystem\" => \"security\"),

(\"security-domain\" => \"guvnor\"),

(\"authentication\" => \"classic\")

]",

"rolled-back" => true

}

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Tim

• 1. Re: JAAS security-domain

I have worked around the CLI not working by hacking the standalone.xml directly (with the application server stopped).  Once I created the security domain through the CLI, it was clear where to put this stanza:

<security-domain name="guvnor" cache-type="default">

<authentication>

<login-module code="UsersRoles" flag="required">

<module-option name="usersProperties" value="/opt/jboss/as/jboss_current/standalone/configuration/guvnor-users.properties"/>

<module-option name="rolesProperties" value="/opt/jboss/as/jboss_current/standalone/configuration/guvnor-roles.properties"/>

</login-module>

</authentication>

</security-domain>

Note the relative path has changed to an absolute one.  Apparently configuration is not on the classpath since JBoss AS 7.  There doesn't seem to be a best practice for where to put these files/how to reference them other than to put them into the WAR, which kinda defeats the purpose a bit.  I suppose people will really deploy against LDAP, as I intend to once I get a fully working system.