2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 14, 2001 4:15 PM by garvett

NullPointerException

garvett

Hello,

I am running JBoss 2.4.0 with the MySQL database. For the past two weeks, I had the server up and running with no problem, until I received the exception trace below. Any subsequent attempts to connect to the database produced the same exception until I reset JBoss.

Is this a JBoss issue or a MySQL issue? Should I upgrade JBoss (i.e., have any corrections been made since July that might have fixed this)?

Thank you very much in advance!

java.lang.NullPointerException
      at org.jboss.pool.connector.BaseConnectionManager$SharedLocalConnectionListener.connectionClosed(BaseConnectionManager.java:433)
      at org.jboss.pool.connector.jdbc.BaseManagedConnection.fireConnectionEvent(BaseManagedConnection.java:69)
      at org.jboss.pool.connector.jdbc.JDBCManagedConnection$1.objectClosed(JDBCManagedConnection.java:48)
      at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.ConnectionInPool.firePoolEvent(ConnectionInPool.java:222)
      at org.jboss.pool.jdbc.ConnectionInPool.close(ConnectionInPool.java:324)

• 1. Re: NullPointerException
          davidjencks

If you are using a ConnectionFactoryLoader (looks to me as if you are) there was a race condition that might have produced this problem. Fix is in 2.4.4 and 3.0. If this doesn't help show lots more config info and what happened before the error.

• 2. Re: NullPointerException
            garvett

David,

I was just looking through the JBoss Dev archive (not linked to from the JBoss site anymore, but I found the URL from Google's cache ;-)) before you wrote, and I saw the posts where you mention the race condition. I'm going to assume that this is the problem and hope that it doesn't reappear at some critical moment. Thank you for letting me know which JBoss versions have the fix!