4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2012 5:42 AM by sony2006

Session and MDB pool restritriction in Jboss AS 7.1.0 Final

sony2006

Hi,

How can i restrict the pool size for session and mdbs in Jboss AS 7.1. I am using EJB 2.1.

Following the post https://community.jboss.org/message/639396#639396 i configured pools in standalone.xml as below.

<session-bean>

<stateless>

<bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="slsb-strict-max-pool"/>

</stateless>

<stateful default-access-timeout="5000" cache-ref="simple"/>

<singleton default-access-timeout="5000"/>

</session-bean

<mdb>

<resource-adapter-ref resource-adapter-name="hornetq-ra"/>

<bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="mdb-strict-max-pool"/>

</mdb>

<pools>

<bean-instance-pools>

<strict-max-pool name="slsb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="10" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="mdb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="10" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

<strict-max-pool name="mdb-strict-single-pool" max-pool-size="1" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>

</bean-instance-pools>

</pools>

and in the jboss-ejb3.xml as below.

<jboss xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"

xmlns:p="urn:ejb-pool:1.0">

<assembly-descriptor>

<p:pool>

<ejb-name>AsyncDispatcherSequencedMDB</ejb-name>

<p:bean-instance-pool-ref>mdb-strict-single-pool</p:bean-instance-pool-ref>

</p:pool>

</assembly-descriptor>

</jboss>

But the number of consumers shown in the console for all the queues is 15. ( I dont understand where the 15 came form. Shouldn't it be 10 for all the queues and 1 for the queue to which AsyncDispatcherSequencedMDB listentens to)

B/w how can i monitor session bean pool?

Thanks,

Sony