5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 8:29 AM by kito99

WAS deployment artifacts

kito99

Are there any plans to add the WebSphere deployment artifacts (arquillian-was-remote-8, etc) to the JBoss and Maven Central repositories? From what I can tell, this is the only container missing from the repositories. (The project itself is hosted here, for those who are interested: https://github.com/arquillian/arquillian-container-was).

• 1. Re: WAS deployment artifacts
          aslak

It depends on WebSphere libraries, so we're currently having license 'complications'..

https://community.jboss.org/wiki/BuildingArquillianWASContainer

• 2. Re: WAS deployment artifacts
            kito99

Ugh...damn licensing .

Can you guys add the fact that it's not in the repo to the docs? It took me a while of searching before I gave up.. and tried to build it. Should I create a JIRA issue for that?

There is a problem, though: the build fails. The master POM depends on version 1.0.0.CR1-SNAPSHOT of Arquillian-core, which doesn't appear to exist (at least in Maven Central). If I change it to 1.0.0.CR6, it fails:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.

3.2:compile (default-compile) on project arquillian-was-remote-8: Compilation fa

ilure: Compilation failure:

[ERROR] \Users\kimann\Downloads\arquillian-arquillian-container-was-0a48760\was-

remote-8\src\main\java\org\jboss\arquillian\container\was\remote_8\WebSphereRemo

teContainer.java:[57,62] package org.jboss.shrinkwrap.descriptor.api.spec.ee.app

lication does not exist

[ERROR] \Users\kimann\Downloads\arquillian-arquillian-container-was-0a48760\was-

remote-8\src\main\java\org\jboss\arquillian\container\was\remote_8\WebSphereRemo

teContainer.java:[193,9] cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : class ApplicationDescriptor

[ERROR] location: class org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.remote_8.WebSphereRem

oteContainer

teContainer.java:[193,66] cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : class ApplicationDescriptor

[ERROR] location: class org.jboss.arquillian.container.was.remote_8.WebSphereRem

oteContainer

• 3. Re: WAS deployment artifacts
              kito99

FWIW, the build is successful with CR1 and CR2 (not snapshots). Of course I'd prefer to use the latest and greatest (still fails with CR3 or higher).

• 4. Re: WAS deployment artifacts
                aslak

A right, it hasn't been updated in a while.

We stopped exposing the ShrinkWrap Dependencies libs transitivly from Arquillian Core, but they are still defined in arquillian.bom

Adding this to the wls-remote-8/pom.xml should do the trix

<dependency>
                    <groupId>org.jboss.shrinkwrap.descriptors</groupId>
                    <artifactId>shrinkwrap-descriptors-impl</artifactId>
                </dependency>

Please report a jira

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: WAS deployment artifacts
                  kito99

Awesome -- that did it. Thanks!

Added documentation issue here: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ARQ-828.