2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2012 6:06 AM by pragnyas

JBoss 7.1 cluster

pragnyas

Hi Gurus Again..

I took your advise and trying up Jboss 7.1 cluster setup to sell Jboss AS7 at my work place... so am trying AS 7.1 on my local systems first..

I 'am following..the how to notes at https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/AS7+Cluster+Howto

everything works fine.. untill I come till  "Dry Run" step from the notes..

when I do a dry run am getting

[Host Controller] 13:17:48,535 ERROR [org.jboss.remoting.remote.connection] (Remoting "slave:MANAGEMENT" read-1) JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

[Host Controller] 13:17:48,549 ERROR [org.jboss.as.host.controller] (Controller Boot Thread) JBAS010901: Could not connect to master. Aborting. Error was: java.lang.IllegalStateException: JBAS010942: Unable to connect due to authentication failure.

[Host Controller] 13:17:48,592 INFO  [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS015950: JBoss AS 7.1.0.Final "Thunder" stopped in 34ms

13:17:48,962 INFO  [org.jboss.as.process.Host Controller.status] (reaper for Host Controller) JBAS012010: Process 'Host Controller' finished with an exit status of 99

13:17:48,965 INFO  [org.jboss.as.process] (Thread-8) JBAS012016: Shutting down process controller

13:17:48,966 INFO  [org.jboss.as.process] (Thread-8) JBAS012015: All processes finished; exiting

this is what I have/changed in my Master server host.xml file..

<interfaces>

<interface name="management">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:10.36.200.10}"/>

</interface>

<interface name="public">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address:10.36.200.10}"/>

</interface>

<interface name="unsecure">

<!-- Used for IIOP sockets in the standarad configuration.

To secure JacORB you need to setup SSL -->

<inet-address value="10.36.200.10"/>

</interface>

</interfaces>

this is what I have/changed in my slave host.xml file.. and I moved the domain.xml file to domain.xml.move like it suggested in the notes..That show I wanted to try first..

<host name="slave" xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:1.1">

<security-realms>

<security-realm name="ManagementRealm">

<server-identities>

<secret value="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"/>

</server-identities>

<authentication>

<properties path="mgmt-users.properties" relative-to="jboss.domain.config.dir"/>

</authentication>

</security-realm>

<security-realm name="ApplicationRealm">

<authentication>

<properties path="application-users.properties" relative-to="jboss.domain.config.dir" />

</authentication>

</security-realm>

</security-realms>

<domain-controller>

<!-- Alternative remote domain controller configuration with a host and port -->

<!-- <remote host="${jboss.domain.master.address}" port="${jboss.domain.master.port:9999}"/> -->

<remote host="10.36.200.10" port="9999" security-realm="ManagementRealm"/>

</domain-controller>

<interfaces>

<interface name="management">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:10.36.200.16}"/>

</interface>

<interface name="public">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address:10.36.200.16}"/>

</interface>

<interface name="unsecure">

<!-- Used for IIOP sockets in the standarad configuration.

To secure JacORB you need to setup SSL -->

<inet-address value="10.36.200.16"/>

</interface>

</interfaces>

let me know what am I missing.. ?

S

• 1. Re: JBoss 7.1 cluster
          rhusar

Sounds like you didnt add the users as mentioned in the "Security Configuration" section.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: JBoss 7.1 cluster
            pragnyas

Loks like my bad.. I have an extra character in my host.xml file on slave.. I messed a bit of configuration on the server and now my cluster starts up with out any error..

I have a new question..

In my "Security Configuration" setup..

If I have to rather use LDAP users rather than creatign users locally is it possible ?

Also my other question is say I have 3 node cluster, Can I add same ldap user details on my 2 slaves ?

Also.. can you do a master-master cluster setup  to avoid single point of failure?

S