5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 15, 2012 2:03 AM by raylite3

jboss-scanning.xml supported in AS7?

raylite3

Hello,

I have a large EJB jar and I want to control the packages that should be scanned for EJBs using jboss-scanning.xml perhaps? Is this still supported in AS7?

I added a jboss-scanning.xml to META-INF no effect

Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: jboss-scanning.xml supported in AS7?
          alesj

No, at least afaik.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: jboss-scanning.xml supported in AS7?
            smarlow

You probably don't want to use exclude-unlisted-classes and list each class individually but you could.

How many persistence units do you have in the application and how much time is spent scanning for entities during deployment?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: jboss-scanning.xml supported in AS7?
              raylite3

Sorry, it's not a EJB jar but a WAR with a large number of jars within it. I got my tests mixed up.

I have created a "library WAR" that my other deployments will depend on. And this library WAR does not have any persistence contexts or session beans within it.

I have setup my Eclipse to build a exploded WAR (build/war/library.war/WEB-INF/lib, etc). From my standaone.xml I point to build/war as one of the deployment directories.

When I start up the server, I see this error in server.log

22:22:09,241 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server.deployment.scanner] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS015052: Did not receive a response to the deployment operation within the allowed timeout period [60 seconds]. Check the server configuration file and the server logs to find more about the status of the deployment.

Is there any way to increase the timeout period?

• 4. Re: jboss-scanning.xml supported in AS7?
                smarlow

Is there any way to increase the timeout period?

Yes, in as7/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml update the following section:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:deployment-scanner:1.1">
                            <deployment-scanner path="deployments" relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir" scan-interval="5000"/>
                </subsystem>

Try changing scan-interval to a higher number.

• 5. Re: jboss-scanning.xml supported in AS7?
                  raylite3

I found I needed to add the deployment-timeout attribute to change the timeout value.

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:deployment-scanner:1.1">
                      <deployment-scanner path="deployments" relative-to="jboss.server.base.dir" scan-interval="5000" deployment-timeout="120"/>
                  </subsystem>

Now it completes the deployment.