1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 25, 2012 3:15 PM by mrrothstein

EJB Already Registered when deploying a war.

mrrothstein

Environment:

RedHat 6

Jboss EAP 5

I'm trying to deploy an ear and a bunch of seperate war files. The ear deploys a session bean and the wars reference it. I'm getting an exception when trying to deploy the war files:

Failed to create Resource deployment.war - cause: java.lang.Exception:Failed to start deployment [vfszip:/apps/jbossas/server/default/deploy/deployment.war/] during deployment of 'deployment.war' - cause: java.lang.RuntimeException:org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/apps/jbossas/server/default/deploy/deployment.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error deploying: jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module="deployment.war",uid=608738704 DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/apps/jbossas/server/default/deploy/deployment.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=SingleSignOn/UserManager,service=EJB already registered. -> org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException:Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS): *** DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Name -> Error vfszip:/apps/jbossas/server/default/deploy/deployment.war/ -> org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Error deploying: jboss.j2ee:service=EjbModule,module="deployment.war",uid=608738704 DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR: Deployment "vfszip:/apps/jbossas/server/default/deploy/deployment.war/" is in error due to the following reason(s): javax.management.InstanceAlreadyExistsException: jboss.j2ee:jndiName=SingleSignOn/UserManager,service=EJB already registered.

The applications run fine under weblogic 8.1. The only thing I've changed is added jboss.xml to the ejb META-INF in the ejb jar in the ear and a jboss-web.xml to the WEB-INF in the war. The war and the ear file are being deployed as seperate units. What would cause jboss to treat the war as an EjbModule? Why is it trying to bind SingleSignOn/UserManager instead of creating a reference to it?

Any help is greately appreciated.