4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 5, 2002 6:06 AM by snowghost

Oracle data service not bound (3.0.0)

snowghost

Help! :-) JBoss 3.0.0 is failing on startup - after I've created my oracle-service.xml in the deploy directory and edited the standardjaws.xml to use this service. The message is:

[14:11:37,080,ContainerFactory] Could not deploy file:/C:/prg/JBoss-3.0.0_Jetty-3.1.3-1/jboss/deploy/Default/Dv.jar
      org.jboss.ejb.DeploymentException: OracleDS not bound

Earlier in the log everything seemed to be going so well:

[14:11:20,736,AutoDeployer] Auto-deploying file:/C:/prg/JBoss-3.0.0_Jetty-3.1.3-1/jboss/deploy/oracle-service.xml

[14:11:29,877,AutoDeployer] Auto deploy of file:/C:/prg/JBoss-2.4.4_Jetty-3.1.3-1/jboss/deploy/oracle-service.xml
      [14:11:29,940,Default] Libraries adding URLClassLoader -1002884183 key URL file:/C:/prg/JBoss-3.0.0_Jetty-3.1.3-1/jboss//lib/ext/classes12.jar
      [14:11:29,955,ServiceCreator] About to create the beanjboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=OracleDS
      [14:11:29,955,ServiceCreator] Created the beanjboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=OracleDS
      [14:11:30,174,AutoDeployer] Started

My oracle-service.xml contains:

ConnectionURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ngc001d:1521:GCT1
      DriverClass=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

OracleDS

[snip]

My standardjaws.xml has been changed to:

OracleDS
      <type-mapping>Oracle8</type-mapping>

[snip]

So what have I done wrong (clearly something!)?
      What steps have I of missed out?

Thanks for any advice.

• 1. Re: Oracle data service not bound (3.0.0)
          davidjencks

Do you have the right version of oracle-service- jboss3alpha needs one with "mbean-ref" rather than "depends" tags.

Also chech the object names in these tags are the same as the object names of the mbeans referenced. (especially the mbean domain, e.g. jboss.jca: vs. JCA:)

Read the log carefully to find out what is going wrong, check the port 8082 stuff to see what is started.

• 2. Re: Oracle data service not bound (3.0.0)
            mikefinn

FWIW, I am having the same problem with a SQL Server DS. Autodeployer finds the service xml and seems to deploy it OK, except the name never gets bound in JNDI. WIth the Hypersonic DS, there is a line in the log that says explicitly that the datasource name was bound - not so with the MS one. In JNDIView, Hypersonic is there (DefaultDS), but SQL Srvr one isn't.

From the log:
            [11:18:37,249,AutoDeployer] Auto deploy of file:/D:/jboss/jboss-3.0.0alpha/deploy/mssqlds-service.xml
            [11:18:37,319,Default] Libraries adding URLClassLoader -861013034 key URL file:/D:/jboss/jboss-3.0.0alpha//lib/ext/msbase.jar
            [11:18:37,339,Default] Libraries adding URLClassLoader 657315836 key URL file:/D:/jboss/jboss-3.0.0alpha//lib/ext/mssqlserver.jar
            [11:18:37,339,Default] Libraries adding URLClassLoader 1590486151 key URL file:/D:/jboss/jboss-3.0.0alpha//lib/ext/msutil.jar
            [11:18:37,339,ServiceCreator] About to create the beanjboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=MSSQL2000DS
            [11:18:37,349,ServiceCreator] Created the beanjboss.jca:service=ConnectionFactoryLoader,name=MSSQL2000DS
            [11:18:37,550,AutoDeployer] Started

TIA,
            Mike

• 3. Re: Oracle data service not bound (3.0.0)
              mikefinn

It's fixed. The problem was an embedded in the mbean-ref for ResourceAdapterName. The name value within the element was:
              "Minerva JDBCLocalTransaction ResourceAdapter"
              instead of
              "Minerva JDBC LocalTransaction ResourceAdapter"

The symptoms were that the service would be deployed, but no JNDI name would be bound for the data source. Fallout from copy/paste I suppose.

• 4. Re: Oracle data service not bound (3.0.0)
                snowghost

I'd made the mbean-ref/depends change, but not the JCA/jboss.jca one...

Thanks! It works now and if anyone's interested this was the correct oracle-service.xml to put in the deploy directory:

ConnectionURL=jdbc:oracle:thin:@HOST:PORT:XXX
                DriverClass=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver

OracleDS
                java:/TransactionManager
                <mbean-ref name="ResourceAdapterName">JCA:service=RARDeployment,name=Minerva JDBC LocalTransaction ResourceAdapter</mbean-ref>
                <mbean-ref name="ConnectionManagerFactoryLoaderName">JCA:service=ConnectionManagerFactoryLoader,name=MinervaSharedLocalCMFactory</mbean-ref>

BlockingTimeoutMillis=50000
                IdleTimeoutMinutes=30
                MaxSize=10
                CleanupIntervalMinutes=10
                MinSize=0
                MaxIdleTimeoutPercent=1.0

org.jboss.resource.security.ManyToOnePrincipalMapping

userName=XXX
                password=XXX