1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2013 6:24 PM by petekeep

Custom login works for jmx console but not for admin console

jonu92

I have configured web.xml and jboss-web.xml in both the admin-console.war/WEB-INF and the jmx-console.war/WEB-INF directories in the same way, both using security-domain java:/jaas/other, both using the same auth-constraint, auth-method and realm-name. I have overridden the login-module in the 'other' and 'jmx-console' application-polices (in login-config.xml) to use my own Login module. For the JMX console it works fine, user id and password are demanded and authenticated correctly by my login module. The admin console, however, always seems to give an http 404 error: 'The requested resource (/admin-console/loggedIn.seam) is not available'. When debugging, I can see it goes into my login module and successfully authenticates but then it goes off into some seam classes so I assume the problem is in there.

The admin console works fine when using the standard security mechanism, i.e. the jmx-console-users.properties and jmx-console-roles.properties. My JBoss version is 6.1.0 Final.

Perhaps I have done something wrong but the documentation for the admin console clearly says that it uses the jmx console security config.

Any help appreciated.

• 1. Re: Custom login works for jmx console but not for admin console
          petekeep

I had the same sort of problem.  The admin-console uses the Seam framework.

In addition to the changes needed for the jmx-console and the web-console the admin-cosole needs a change to tell Seam what to use for authentication.

There is a components.xml file in the server's deploy/admin-console.war/WEB-INF directory.  That contains a security section that needs to change.

Change from:

<security:identity authenticate-method="#{authenticator.authenticate}"

jaas-config-name="jmx-console"/>

To:

<security:identity jaas-config-name="your-security" remember-me="true"/>

That worked for me in JBoss 5.1 EAP.

Here's where I found the info:

http://www.seamframework.org/Documentation/SimpleJAASExample

Pete