0 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2012 2:36 PM by fatbob73

RHQ Agent cannot connect.

fatbob73

Hi everyone,

I installed the RHQ agent, and when I start the agent using rhq-agent.bat, everything works fine, my JON server auto discovers it and all is fine. I install the agent as a Windows service using "rhq-agent-wrapper.bat install". I then see the RHQ agent in the Windows services list, I start it, the status shows it as Started, but I get the following error in the agent.log...

ERROR [RHQ Agent Registration Thread] (org.rhq.enterprise.agent.AgentMain)- {AgentMain.agent-registration-rejected}The server has rejected the agent registration request. Cause: [org.rhq.core.clientapi.server.core.AgentRegistrationException:Server cannot ping the agent's endpoint. The agent's endpoint is probably invalid or there is a firewall preventing the server from connecting to the agent. Endpoint: socket://192.168.0.1:16163/?rhq.communications.connector.rhqtype=agent&numAcceptThreads=1&maxPoolSize=303&clientMaxPoolSize=304&socketTimeout=60000&enableTcpNoDelay=true&backlog=200]

I don't know where it's getting that IP address (192.168.0.1). Why does it work when I run rhq-agent.bat but not when I run it as a Windows service?

Thanks,

Steve