2 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2012 5:13 PM by tdanecito

How to access EJB in 7.1.1 from remote client...

tdanecito

Hi,

I am moving from Jboss 5.1GA to 7.1.1 final and encountered some challenges when trying to access an EJB from a client app running in Tomcat in another jvm.

I noticed that when deploying my jar in a EAR from 5.1GA to 7.1.1 final that it bound the EJB's to only something called java:global/earname/jarname/beanname!classname

When I tried to access the ejb from a war app from Tomcat I get a javax.naming.NameNotFoundException not matter what changes I tried in the client code in the war file.

So I am wondering:

1. Is the EJB accessable using java:global/... from another jvm?

2. Can I use ejb:earname/jarname//beanname!classname without makeing any changes to existing EJB somehow?

3. To make number 2 work do I need to have "exported" the beans somehow?

4. Does the remote (org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory) really allow remote access to another EJB in a jvm using Jboss proprietary java:global/...: from another jvm?

The code I am using for service locator to create the context for java:global/... is:

Properties properties = new Properties();
        properties.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY,"org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory");
        properties.put("jboss.naming.client.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOPLAINTEXT", "false");
        properties.put("jboss.naming.client.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_DISALLOWED_MECHANISMS", "JBOSS-LOCAL-USER");
        properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "remote://" + serviceHost + ":4447");
        properties.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL,"name");
        properties.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS,"password");

If I try to use ejb:earname/...

Properties properties = new Properties();

properties.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES,"org.jboss.ejb.client.naming");

properties.put("jboss.naming.client.ejb.context", true);

properties.put("jboss.naming.client.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOPLAINTEXT", "false");

properties.put("jboss.naming.client.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_DISALLOWED_MECHANISMS", "JBOSS-LOCAL-USER");

properties.put(Context.PROVIDER_URL, "remote://" + serviceHost + ":4447");

properties.put(Context.SECURITY_PRINCIPAL,"name");

properties.put(Context.SECURITY_CREDENTIALS,"password");

Is the above correct?

Thanks,

-Tony

• 1. Re: How to access EJB in 7.1.1 from remote client...
          suikast42

Hi tony,

remoting in AS 7.1.x is completly rewritten.

1. Is the EJB accessable using java:global/... from another jvm?

2. Can I use ejb:earname/jarname//beanname!classname without makeing an changes to existing EJB somehow?

3. To make number 2 work do I need to have "exported" the beans somehow?

4. Does the remote (org.jboss.naming.remote.client.InitialContextFactory) really allow remote access to another EJB in a jvm using Jboss proprietary java:global/...: from another jvm?

1. No. The JavaEE 6 spec says that this lookup must only available in the container. There's nothing about remote access.

2. You must use lookups like this:

For stateless beans: ejb:myapp/myejbjar/MyEjbName!com.test.MyRemoteInterface

For stateful beans: ejb:myapp/myejbjar/MyStatefulName!comp.test.MyStatefulRemoteInterface?stateful

3. You need this for jms

4. ??

If you need an example project you can download the attached project from this thread https://community.jboss.org/message/735877#735877.

And read the docu https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS71/JNDI+Reference

• 2. Re: How to access EJB in 7.1.1 from remote client...
            tdanecito

Thanks Everyone I was able to get the ejb: reference to work. Then I had to add the jboss-client.properties into the class path on the client (Tomcat 7.x) else I would not get a "reciever".

Only took a couple of days to figure it out and much googling to find out.

Regards,

-Tony