1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2012 10:48 AM by ctomc

Problem with deploying ear: missing jar/dependencies

floep

Hello,

I'm having some problems trying to deploy my project to the Jboss 7.1.1 server from Eclipse 3.7.2 using Jboss Tools 3.3.0.

More often then not (there's a certain randomness involved) the deployment will fail because Jboss can't find the required jars of the external dependencies inside the /lib dir of the ear (jasperreports, usertype.jodatime, etc.), as they are somehow not deployed to the /lib dir of the deployed ear:

org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException

: JBAS011037: Unable to process modules in application.xml for EAR ["/C:/tools/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/standalone/deployments/App.ear"], module file lib/jasperreports-3.7.2.jar not found

When I build my project using maven, I get a flawless and spotless ear file with all required jars being present.

Sometimes all required jar files manage to get deployed to the /lib dir. A manual deployment of the maven-built ear file will allso have this effect. Jboss will then report missing dependencies (and subsequently roll back the deployment): itext and jdtcore.

The error:

New missing/unsatisfied dependencies:
            service jboss.deployment.subunit."App.ear"."lib/itext-2.1.7.jar".STRUCTURE (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."App.ear".PARSE]
            service jboss.deployment.subunit."App.ear"."lib/jdtcore-3.1.0.jar".STRUCTURE (missing) dependents: [service jboss.deployment.unit."App.ear".PARSE]

The refered jars are however present in the /lib dir of the deployed ear file.

Has someone encountered similar problems before and does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks