We have an application running on JBossAS-5.1.0.GA The application is integrated with Oracle 10.2.0.1.0 database. While the application was running on the production, it threw following error on runtime:
java.sql.SQLRecoverableException: Io exception: Broken pipe
PFA logs for the same.
I have following observations for the same:
1) There is no network issue.
2) We have ocrs12.jar, ojdbc6.jar are available in $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/lib/.
3) In $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/transaction-jboss-beans.xml, the TransactionManager bean has following property set for transaction timeout:
4) In $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/conf/jboss-service.xml, for BasicThreadPool, the max pool size is set as:
5) In $JBOSS_HOME/server/default/deploy/oracle-ds.xml, for jdbc datasource, the max pool size is set as:
Kindly suggest on the same on urgent basis.
It looks like you have a long running transaction that JBoss is attempting to abandon. Some kind of batch process or an N+1 SELECT type of scenario?
If it's a batch process you have a design problem. Otherwise it's an implementation (incorrect code) problem.
A batch process will be anything that iterates over N records and performs updates, where N > 100.