5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2013 12:12 PM by Sans Kum

access-log configuration doesn't allow relative-to path configuration

Ravi Singhal Newbie

I am trying to configure access logs location to out side of JBoss Home on JBoss 7.1.2. I tried with various values in reletive-to attribute but nothing seems to work. One of the tried configuration is as follows:

<virtual-server name="default-host" enable-welcome-root="true">

<alias name="localhost"/>

<alias name="example.com"/>

<access-log pattern="Time Taken: %T %h %l %u %t %r %s %b" rotate="true">

<directory path="access-log" relative-to="C:\test-logs"/>

</access-log>

</virtual-server>

I am getting following error:

05:09:43,287 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-1) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.web.host.default-host: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.web.host.default-host: Failed to start service

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1767) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_02]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_02]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_02]

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JBAS014847: Could not find a path called 'access-log'

at org.jboss.as.controller.services.path.PathManagerService.resolveRelativePathEntry(PathManagerService.java:88)

at org.jboss.as.web.WebVirtualHostService.start(WebVirtualHostService.java:84)

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

... 3 more