1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 6, 2012 4:49 AM by juan.hernandez

Deploy ovirt-engine failed with jboss as 7

sunflour

Hi all,

I'm a beginner of this field and I met some failures when deploying ovirt-engine with jboss as 7. 

I saw three kinds of WARNs and ERRORs in server.log (list below).  Are they the reason that why I started ovirt-engine failed?  And will someone provide suggestions of how to solve them.

For more details, please see attached server.log and boot.log.

Thanks in advance!

2012-06-04 10:50:41,517 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-18) Class Path entry activation.jar in "/usr/share/jboss-as/standalone/deployments/engine.ear/restapi.war/WE    B-INF/lib/jaxb-impl-2.2.4.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

2012-06-04 10:50:41,719 WARN  [org.jboss.as.dependency.private] (MSC service thread 1-10) JBAS018567: Deployment "deployment.engine.ear.engine-scheduler.jar" is using a private module ("org.jboss.interceptor.spi:main") which may be changed or removed in future versions without notice.

2012-06-04 10:50:42,526 ERROR [org.jboss.as] (MSC service thread 1-23) JBAS015875: JBoss AS 7.1.1.Final "Brontes" started (with errors) in 5533ms - Started 618 of 731 services (19 services fail    ed or missing dependencies, 93 services are passive or on-demand)

• 1. Re: Deploy ovirt-engine failed with jboss as 7
          juan.hernandez

From your logs it looks like you are using an application server installed in /usr/share/jboss-as. That is the path where the application server is installed when you use a RPM. I also see that you are running the application server with your  user instead of using the jboss-as user, which is not what I would expect if you are using a RPM. In the oVirt context using the jboss-as RPM installation and then running with your own user is not usual, and won't probably work.

I would suggest to continue this thread in the oVirt users list: users@ovirt.org. Would you be so kind to post this same question there?